Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"The End"

Today is Wednesday, workshop day. It is usually my favorite day of the week because it's the place where I feel most at home with myself. Tonight is the last read of my novel and I can actually say "the end" and mean it. It is exciting and frightening at the same time. Now that I am finished I can say I am a novelist. But that also means I am responsible for another book. And another. And so on. How wonderful, right? It really is. It makes me excited to start new projects and challenge myself. I also feel nervous about letting go of this one book. But it seems to be a good theme for my life right now, running parrallel to all that I am going through. It is a beautiful and exciting thing to start a new world. It is also hard to learn a new set of rules, a new way of thinking. It goes against my beloved "routine" that I talk so much about. In the end, the more challenge, the better. Within reason, of course.

No comments: