Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Late

I have approximately 27 minutes to blog, put on clothes, makeup, shoes, and drive to a restaurant for lunch with a friend. For those of you who need to know because you just can't wrap your brain around how I think, here's how I break it down. And it starts by saying that I just talked to my mother unexpectedly and used 6 minutes.
Five minutes for makeup and clothes, because really, I already know what I'm wearing and that helps. Anyone who knows me knows that I love makeup. So that five minutes...yeah, it's a lie.
Oops. Forgot the blog. It's short. Three minutes. Four because I just spelled out three instead of using 3. And yes, if you know that I am a perfectionist, you know that I just accidentally lied again.
Shoes and keys, no time at all. Except I can't remember where I put my house key and I'm not sure if I have clean socks, which makes me wonder if I ever put the clothes from the washer into the dryer last night, and if I didn't, I just added another 3 minutes. Whew.
And now I need to drive. This is where it gets tricky. If I am on my way, and I left before the time I'm supposed to be there, then I am on time. And five minutes late is still on time.
All this excludes my thinking before work, which is generally much simpler. It goes, "Oh S***, I'm late! Oh S*** I'm late!" and I run around frantically until I leave.
12 minutes till lunch. I can still make it.

No comments: