Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Portland, aka Poor Me

I just got back from Portland, a trip I generally take a few times every year to see my best friend. This time it was for her baby shower. Needless to say, my BF is a little more laid back in her pregnancy, so this trip combined with the last one we took together where I threw a Harri Krishna cookbook at a bartender, missed and broke the bar lamp, kind of smoothed out into a pretty great year of traveling. I absolutely love Portland. It reminds me of what being alive feels like. I leave feeling excited about life. Texas really snuffs out that lusty feeling and replaces it with...hmmm...concrete. Cows. And work. I know a lot of it is my fault. I need to make more of an effort to connect. The sheer distance of places from one another in Texas makes it difficult though, especially if you aren't living in an urban area.
There's always an excuse. Poor me. The truth is that it's time to make a change. And changing really makes me uncomfortable. It always ends up being something really great that I can be proud of later though. So. Change.

No comments: